Monday, January 18, 2010

Hola de El Salvador


I am sitting in the patio of our good friend, Bro. Herbert, in San Salvador, EL Salvador. 2 weeks ago brought -35 degree wind chills to Nebraska and now I get to experience 90 degrees as summer has begun down here in Central America. That's a difference of 125 degrees!!!

A 2 foot iguana is sunning itself on top of the fence, tropical birds are calling to each other from tree to tree, I am snacking on a wonderful candy made of coconut strips and sugar. Wow!!!

Tonight, my hosts are taking me way up into the hills to a restaurant call Las Planes, where we will feast on papusas. What the taco is to Mexico and the burger is to the US, the papusa is to El Salvador.

I know, it's not much of a devotion today, just an update because I am thrilled to be tapping into the WWW here in the 3rd world.
All is well. Oh, except there have already been 2 earthquakes here today, the first one was a 6.0, but occurred before our plane landed. I am sure aftershocks will follow.

I covet your prayers for the ministry we have this week here. Much to do.

Blessings to all!

No comments: