Friday, January 15, 2010

One More Night With Those Stinkin' Frogs


Exo 8:6 And Aaron stretched out his hand over the waters of Egypt; and the frogs came up, and covered the land of Egypt.
Exo 8:7 And the magicians did so with their enchantments, and brought up frogs upon the land of Egypt.
Exo 8:8 Then Pharaoh called for Moses and Aaron, and said, Intreat the LORD, that he may take away the frogs from me, and from my people; and I will let the people go, that they may do sacrifice unto the LORD.
Exo 8:9 And Moses said unto Pharaoh, Glory over me: when shall I intreat for thee, and for thy servants, and for thy people, to destroy the frogs from thee and thy houses, that they may remain in the river only?
Exo 8:10 And he said, To morrow. And he said, Be it according to thy word: that thou mayest know that there is none like unto the LORD our God.

Our old buddy from Pampa, Texas, Johnny Flanagan wrote the following lyrics:
One more night with them stinkin' frogs,
One more night in sin,
I had a terrible time, again last night,
But I just gotta’ do it again

It is truly amazing how old Pharaoh would plead for Moses and Aaron to intercede to the Lord to send the frogs back into the river, then, when Moses asked when he should take care of that,Pharaoh answered, in the morning!

Goodness, if you had frogs in your soup, in your bed, on the floorboard of your chariot, in your bathtub, in your closet, jumping around on your kids, wouldn't you want to be rid of them, like... yesterday???

Funny, how it is with sin. It is pleasurable...for a season. We know we should deal with it and get it out of our lives. However, perhaps another day of procrastination might be ok.

I love the words of Moses when Pharaoh first asked him to deal with the frogs. "Well, glory over me!" was his response. How that glory must have turned to disbelief when Pharaoh added, "tomorrow."

Why waller in the pig pen another day? Why set in the stench of iniquity another minute? If we are caught up in sin, let Jesus cleanse it this moment so we can get back to living in victory.

If you are presently bound in iniquity, why don't you just "First John One Nine" that sin and get right with the One Who deeply desires your fellowship once again. Don't spend another night in sin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

PASTOR FULLER,
I WOULD LIKE THE LYRIC TO ONE MORE NIGHT WITH THOSE FROGS.WE HAVE A FIVE AND THREE YEAR OLD SISTERS AT OUR CHURCH THEY SING AT OUR CHURCH AND THEY LOVE THIS SONG.CAN YOU HELP ME OUT.
THANKS,
VICKY TAYLOR

Pastor Fuller said...

Vicky, you have to go to you tube, type it in and transcribe the words. Blessings!

Rachel said...

I can't find the sheet music for this anywhere....

can you help? I would even be happy with chords!!!!

email babymakers@inbox.com with any information PLEASE!!!

(of course other people don't mail back but even a "I can't help you" would be better than nothing)

Sinner saved by grace. said...

Over in the book of Moses
Is the strangest thing I've found
Bout this man called Pharoh
He brought plauges all over town
He was very hard & he disobeied
The things that God had said
So the LORD sent fleas, & flies, & frogs
And turned the water to a bloody red.

Now Moses said to Pharoh
"Wont you let my people go?"
Pharoh said to Moses,
"Now you know it cant be so.
I'll let ya come back in the morning?
You can visit with 'em one & all.
But today I just cant give them up
I want one more night with frogs!"

One more night with the stinking frogs,
One more night in sin.
I had a terrible time with them last night
But I just gotta do it again.
It will always be a puzzle to me & I guess its all because
He could have sleep & rest in peace
But choose one more night with the frogs.

Now there's been alot of people like the one in Egypt land
Who go a staggering & stepping & sliding
And doing all they can to stand
Their holding on to some little sin
That dont amount to a thing at all
They're gonna give it up tomorrow
But want one more night with the frogs.

One more night with the stinking frogs,
One more night in sin.
I had a terrible time with them last night
But I just gotta do it again.
It will always be a puzzle to me & I guess its all because
He could have sleep & rest in peace
But choose one more night with the frogs. ;-)

("For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)"~2 Corinthians 6:2kjv