Thursday, January 14, 2010

Who is the Lord?


Exo 5:2 And Pharaoh said, Who is the LORD, that I should obey his voice to let Israel go? I know not the LORD, neither will I let Israel go.

An old children's song said:
O-B-E-D-I-E-N-C-E, obedience is the very best way to show that you believe.

Of course, the hymn also says it well: Trust and obey, for there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

Sadly, I see too many Christians who refuse obedience to the Lord, their attitudes and actions say, “Who is the Lord, that I should obey his voice?”

For me, it is more, “Who am I that I should not obey His voice?”

As the heavens are far above the earth, so are His ways so much higher than mine. I grope in darkness, He shines the light. I don't know what a day may bring forth, He knows the end from the beginning.

Pharaoh's attitude towards God's leadership cost him dearly. The nation was bombarded with the worst kinds of plagues, culminating with the deaths of the firstborn children, including his own son. This was all due to his refusal to obey the Lord.

God's voice to us is one of guidance and wisdom. He has a wonderful plan for all who choose to follow Him. Why not just obey and be blessed rather than fighting the One Who will always win?

Father, show us the path you have for us today. Give us the grace, wisdom and strength to surrender to your perfect will in every event. May we be happy in Jesus today, as we trust and obey. Amen!

No comments: