Thursday, May 14, 2009

Waiting on the Lord


Psa 130:5 I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.
Psa 130:6 My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning.
Psa 130:7 Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.

Sometimes we feel as if the Lord is somewhat dispassionate about our plight, maybe even disinterested. We pray about deliverance or relief from a difficulty. We make supplication for ourselves or others concerning some distress, but the answer doesn't come as we would like. Then we begin to question whether it is God's will, or, are we crossways with the Lord?

Surely you have experienced these frustrations.

A preacher called me the other day out of the blue just to tell me that there is nothing that is going to happen to me or for me one second too early or one second too late. He said that the Architect of the universe is always right on time and is always working things out for us as He deems best. So there is no need to worry or fret, just trust.

So wait for the Lord and hope in His word. He will bless you at the exactly perfect moment.

No comments: