Friday, May 29, 2009

No, Never Alone!


Psa 139:17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
Psa 139:18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

How precious are the thoughts the Lord has for us! The word precious means valuable, rare, prized. And they are not just few and passing, but many and lingering.

The psalmist declares that the Lord's consideration of us is so great that we cannot count His thoughts about us. They are greater than the sand of the sea.

Is this just hyperbole? I suppose, but the point is well put. As a pastor of a small congregation, I find it difficult to pray and care for each congregant on a regular basis. I have so much to do, or so I think. Well, with all the Maker has to do, He sets aside and inordinate amount of time for me. I am blown away by the thought of His thoughts for me.

Thank you, God for thinking of me. I don't deserve your attention, yet you lavish me with loving thoughts. You go before me to plan my path. You clear the way so that I may safely tread. May my thoughts about you be more consistent and worshipful.

No comments: