Thursday, May 28, 2009

He's Everywhere, He's Everywhere!


Psa 139:1 Psa 139:2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
Psa 139:3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
Psa 139:4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
Psa 139:5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
Psa 139:6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

How smart was King David? Really, what is the IQ of the guy that writes the majority of the most voluminous book of the Bible? The man who invented a ton of instruments? And yet, he gets to thinking about the omnipresence and omniscience of God, has a brain freeze and gives up, saying, Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

God has searched each of us and known us, completely, intimately and intricately known us. He knows our thoughts AND understands them, which is a ton more than I can say for myself.

Not only does He know us, but He watches us. Every time we sit or stand, He takes note. He surrounds the sidewalk we head down, He knows which corner we will turn on. Every word that rolls off our tongue, He knew them before we spoke them. AND, even when we withdraw our hands from His, He keeps His hand on us!

Wow! David, I am with you, that's too much to understand.

No comments: