Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sin Counting


Psa 130:3 If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?

So, how many times did you sin yesterday? Come on, be honest. Remember, sin is that which we think, say or do which breaks God's law.

Anger, lust, gluttony, sloth, gossip, slander, lies, disobedience, the list goes on and on and on. Were you guilty of any of these and more? Remember, lying is on that list!

I really couldn't tally mine either. There were probably a lot more that I couldn't remember than those I could.

The point is though, and this is big, God doesn't keep a tally. 'Cause if'n He did, we'd all be in a real fix. This verse says that if God kept score, none of us could even stand.

The word mark means to regard, beware of, take heed to, observe. The word stand means to continue, to go on, to remain. You get the idea, God's mercy and selective senility regarding our sins is all that allows us to draw another breath. If justice had its way, we'd all fry like an egg on a Las Vegas sidewalk in August.

You ask me why I'm happy, so I'll just tell you why, because, my sins are gone. And when I meet the scoffers who ask me where they are, I say, my sins are gone. They're underneath the blood of the cross of Calvary, as far removed as darkness is from dawn. In the sea of God's forgetfulness, that's good enough for me. Praise God! My sins are gone.

No comments: