Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Reason to Keep Your Life Clean


Psa 130:4 But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.

The Bible says that the goodness of God leadeth us to repentance.

It seems that the best punishment is God heaping goodness upon the undeserving.

When I am bad, God is good, and it makes me feel like a real louse. I wonder how I could offend One who is so kind to one who is so rotten. It gives me the incentive stay closer to Jesus and farther from sin.

There are those times that, because of our wretchedness, we would wish that God would put us out of our misery, but He knows the stuff that we are made out of, and because of our special relationship, He loves us much the more.
I cannot understand God's infinite wisdom. It seems so incongruous to me at times, but His ways are so far above mine and I am grateful that He knows best.

May His goodness today cause me to resist temptation.

No comments: