Gen 19:1 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground; 2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night. 3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat. 4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter: 5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them. 6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him, 7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly. 8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.
This is a sickening story. It is hard to imagine a man who was once considered just and righteous who had become so conditioned to his culture that he would slip so far.
1. He chose the area of Sodom for the pragmatic reasons of raising his herds and getting rich. Who cares about what would happen raising his children in such a place? He could not take the long look to realize that two of them would die and two of them would become incestuous.
2. He rose in the community as cream to the top. Soon he was rich and on the city council, a position which his wife was well pleased.
3. Now he lived in an amongst the most vile and wicked people the earth has ever seen, steeped in a cursed sin so wicked the sin would be named after them.
4. He offered his two virgin daughters to be abused by this wicked group of perverts.
5. His testimony was now so weak that his sons-in-law mocked his warning to them to get out of town, for God was about to destroy it. His two older daughters would therefore become crispy critters with the rest of the purse-packing, strutting sissies. The flaming fairies were about to go up in flames.
6. His wife became so enthralled with the Castro District of the East that she had to have a last look at her favorite mall, social club and beauty parlor as they turned to ashes. She had left her heart in San Francisco. Alas, she was transformed into a pillar of salt. Wow, when it rains it pours.
7. All that the rich man owned was now toast and his wife had become a real salty character. All he had left was his two younger daughters. He was so depressed, when his daughters offered him booze, he thought, "Why not? I might as well drown my sorrows and get smashed."
8. While drunk, the formerly just and righteous Lot had sex with his daughters, impregnating both of them. Their offspring would become a perpetual bane to God's people.
How far can a person get away from God? Look to the man who dwelt among the ungodly and, by seeing and hearing them in their wickedness day by day, vexed his righteous soul. II Peter 2:8
You keep on watching that trash on TV, renting those wicked Hollywood movies, listening to the garbage of the sinners around you, tuning your radio to the latest tunes, and you will also be broken down. Your righteousness will be stripped away. Cussing and blasphemy will no longer bother you. Nakedness will no longer make you blush. Gay marriage will be no big deal. Legalized pot will be humorous. Godless government will not faze you in the least.
"What harm can be done with a little social drink?" "So what if we sleep together before marriage? Everybody does it." The less you read your Bible and pray, the more you feast on the sewage of Satan, and before you know it, you’re just and righteous soul has also been vexed. Your family, like Lot's begins to tear apart at the threads. Judgment is about to fall, but you and yours fail to take heed.
As Satan masterfully and incrementally molds you into his world, old-fashioned Bible preaching will get under your skin. You will criticize faithful pastors and righteous living believers as being narrow minded and judgmental.
Move out of Sodom while you have a shred of decency left, while you still have an iota of God in your life. Get right, before you get left!
God's rain of fire and brimstone is soon to drop from heaven. Are you going to look to Him or look with longing back to Hellywood and 5th Avenue?
Call upon Christ today and renounce the godless slime of Satan that is perverting your life and vexing your soul.