Thursday, April 18, 2013

Where is God?




Job 23:3  Oh that I knew where I might find him! that I might come even to his seat! 4  I would order my cause before him, and fill my mouth with arguments. 5  I would know the words which he would answer me, and understand what he would say unto me. 6  Will he plead against me with his great power? No; but he would put strength in me. 7  There the righteous might dispute with him; so should I be delivered for ever from my judge. 8  Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him: 9  On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him: 10  But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

Can we blame Job for feeling as he did? What, with everything gone, his health as bad as it can be and now fighting with his "friends."

He asked what is asked every time a great tragedy occurs, where is God in all this?

Yes, where was God when the Boston bomb stopped us dead in our tracks?

It seems to me that God wants us to seek Him out. He allows suffering so we can look for Him. When we look to the left, He hides on the right so we can learn how to track Him. When we look up, we find that underneath are His everlasting arms. When we look down, we learn that we have to look to the hills from whence cometh our help. When we search inside, we find Him compassing us round about. When we search externally, we discover that He abides faithful within.

God is always where He always is, on the throne, sovereign, loving, forgiving, observing and transcendent. He will be found of them that diligently seek Him.

No comments: