Saturday, April 20, 2013

Oh for the Good Old Days! - Job 29



Job 29:2  Oh that I were as in months past, as in the days when God preserved me; 3  When his candle shined upon my head, and when by his light I walked through darkness; 4  As I was in the days of my youth, when the secret of God was upon my tabernacle; 5  When the Almighty was yet with me, when my children were about me; 6  When I washed my steps with butter, and the rock poured me out rivers of oil;

Little did Job know what was coming, in his trials and in the annals of history. He had no idea that his name would forever be synonymous with testing, patience and blessing.

In the old days, according to his testimony here in the 29th chapter, he was well known and respected by all. He was blessed on every side beyond imagination. But thanks to his monumental test, his fame and faithfulness now transcends the ages.

There is one truth the devil did actually manage to tell (of course, he was speaking to the Lord) "You are awfully good to Job." Yes, God was very good to Job. But, until a person's metal is tempered in the fires or God's testing, they will never be the miraculous trophy of God's grace that will shine through the ages.

Don't despise the testing that God is allowing in your life. God never wastes pain. Hang on, keep blessing the Lord, and you too will redound to the praise and glory of the Almighty.

No comments: