Tuesday, December 27, 2011

If Heaven's Happy, Everybody's Happy


Pro 16:7 When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Do you know how to please the Lord? Really, there is a verse that is very clear on this. Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

If you want to please the Lord, have faith! Not faith in your own abilities, not faith in faith, but faith in the promises and ability of the Lord.

I often hear people bragging about faith. "I have my faith." "I have a strong faith." Well, bully for you! Faith has a lot to do with God and not so much to do with us. Yet, it is our part of that equation which pleases God. Someone said, "God said it, I believe it, and that settles it for me." Well the truth is, it ought to be, "God said it and that settles it." But that, "I believe it" is the part that proffers God's favor upon us.

Once we have trusted God, believing on His promises, then our ways will align themselves according to that belief. For instance, if we believe God's promises concerning our finances, we will be faithful in our tithes and missions giving. If we believe God's Word concerning the rapture, we will live in the light of His coming by being pure, holy and trying to bring others to Him.

This is how God is pleased, by expressing our faith. And once we have accomplished this, we get a bonus...even our enemies will get along with us.

Now, I'm a nice guy. If you don't believe me, just ask me and I'll tell you. :<) But, believe it or not there are some people out there who just despise me. They don't like it that I smile a lot. They say, "He's got to be faking it." They hate it that when I sing for the Lord, I sing from my heart and my face shows it. They say, "He's just too dramatic, every song has to be some huge production." They don't like my preaching because, "He's not even qualified to be preaching." One guy hates me because his step-daughter ran away and we helped the police find her! Imagine that! I know another preacher hates me because, well, he hates everyone who doesn't dot their I's like he does. I know he pops into my blogs now and then to look for other reasons to be my enemy, Hi Todd!

Now, don't get me wrong, I want to please the Lord first, foremost and always. But I like it when people like me, even if they are jerks. :<) So I am going to make it my goal to please the Lord so much that these people can't help but say, "Hey, he ain't so bad a guy after all." So, time to me to put all my trust in the Lord like never before and live accordingly.

And that's that!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

He's not so bad a guy....:)

Teresa said...

I heard recently that what other people think of you is none of YOUR business. Let's just please the Lord, like you said, and forget about pleasing others! Amen to "not so bad a guy" :)

Mrs Loving my Jesus said...

This verse was part of my Scripture gallavanting, if you will, lol, this morning. My prayer is/was just this...that there be peace with my enemies because of Him. My faith in Him declares He, not I, can do all things! AMEN!