Saturday, December 31, 2011

How Powerful are Pleasant Words!


Pro 16:24 Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

Whether we speak or write, our words powerfully affect those in our realm of influence. I know I tend to have a sharp, critical tongue if I am not careful. I need to be filled with the Spirit of God so that He is in control of my words. I also must be careful to filter what comes into my thinking though the gates of my eyes and ears, because the mouth speaks what the heart has been pondering.

How do you feel when the boss is in a good mood, saying complimentary things to you about your work? What happens when your spouse speaks loving words to you, encouraging you? You just want to be the best you can be. You are more productive, life is just a bit easier, you even feel better.

You have that power over people with whom you deal... your children, co-workers, spouse, neighbors, parents. They yearn for you to speak pleasant words to them.

Today, just be nice to people, give them a nice compliment, say something pleasant. Like honey, it is sweet to the soul and health to the bones.

No comments: