Friday, December 16, 2011

Crucifying the “I” in Pride.


Pro 11:2 When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.

Do you know what really puts the kibosh on God's blessings? Jas 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Do you know what starts every fight, what is the cause of every war? Why each divorce is initiated? Pro 13:10 Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.

Do you realize what brings a person low? Pro 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Do you know what comes on the heels of pride? Pro 11:2 When pride cometh, then cometh shame:

Do you understand what brings any person down? Pro 29:23 A man's pride shall bring him low:

There you have it. We thought all our problems are due to the idiots that surround us. We figured others were to blame for our lot in life. Know we know, our own pride is keeping us from prospering. As long as we retain the title "Captain of my own soul, Master of my own ship" we will flounder.

But if we will relinquish the throne of our heart to the Lover of our soul, we will find life a much easier and a more enjoyable go.

God, you know how full of myself I am. Though I don't say it out loud, I scream it within all the time, "I want..." Lord, it's not about me and what I want, it's all about you. With Paul, I wish to crucify my flesh today and yield my members to your leadership. I trust in your plan today, claiming your grace, seeking your kingdom. In Jesus' name, Amen!

No comments: