Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Favorite and a Standby

Isa 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

You have a favorite team? Color? Flavor? Song?

I suppose we all have our favorites. I have an aunt and a mother-in-law who go crazy when they see yellow. Something actually happens to them at the sight of anything of that color.

For me, it's the Nebraska Huskers. Just let me hear "There is no place like Nebraska" and I feel tingles!

Here is one of those verses for me... "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."

It is a topsy-turvy world in which we live. Think too much on the junk going on and the looney bin could be your next stop. We need some peace in the midst of the storms of this present world and here is the well spring of that peace, a mind fixed on God, trusting in Him without reservation.

Ah yes, a good choice for a favorite verse, Isaiah 26:4. Memorize it, believe it, live it.

No comments: