Friday, July 23, 2010

Nothing to Fear

Isa 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Isa 41:13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

By reading the book of Isaiah, we find there is much to fear for the unbeliever. Chaos and destruction are sure to come, and shortly so.

But for servant of the Lord, called to be His own, we are comforted by these words, "Fear thou not!"

As an umbrella shields from the elements, as a shade tree protects from the harshness of the sun’s rays, so the presence of the Almighty defends His chosen from the calamity to come.

He bids us "be not dismayed." That is, don't become bewildered at what is and is to take place.

He is our God, our Provider of strength and help. He is able to keep us secure in the time of trouble.

The Lord backs up this promise by assuring us that it is no less than His right hand of righteousness granting us needed security.

Did you need a verse of promise to help you though today's difficulties? Hold to God's unchanging hand.

No comments: