Monday, July 26, 2010

Not Forgotten

Isa 49:14 But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.
Isa 49:15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
Isa 49:16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands
.

The older we get, the more forgetful we tend to become. We need reminders. The calendar application in my Droid keeps me abreast of important appointments. I also have a voice recorder application and a post it note application, both of which are invaluable in keeping me appraised.

Notes pinned to the refrigerator by magnets keep us aware also.

You remember having notes pinned to your shirt by the teacher so your parents could be made aware of important notice?

And then, there was the ribbon or the rubber band applied to your finger so you wouldn't forget something.

God never forgets, yet, just to assure us of His enduring attention, He tells us that He has engraved our names on the palms of His hands. I guess we could say that He keeps our names "handy."

What, were you thinking God has forgotten you as you face your present trials? Not hardly! Feeling forsaken in your struggle for worth and recognition? Bah! As one writer said, if God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it. Oh, how mindful He is of His kids!

No comments: