Saturday, July 31, 2010

God's Math


Mat 14:19 And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.
Mat 14:20 And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the fragments that remained twelve baskets full.
Mat 14:21 And they that had eaten were about five thousand men, beside women and children.


I don't know how many times I have said, "God's math and my math are not the same." He does so much more with the 90% tithers have left over than they could have done with 100% if they would have disobeyed Him.

When I would try to pull the wool over my dad's eyes as a kid, he would say, "It just doesn't add up." Though the Lord isn't bound to the rules of classroom math, the sum is always correct. Additionally, there is usually a remainder.

We have tried to make a budget, but we always end up tossing it out because of the amazing ways He blesses beyond our means. He is so good at taking our few loaves and fishes and multiplying them beyond the need. We end up having several baskets full of leftovers.

I love His amazing math. Now, if I never had to help my kids work an algebra problem again, I would be thrilled!

No comments: