Friday, March 5, 2010

You Have Been Here Long Enough


Deu 1:6 The LORD our God spake unto us in Horeb, saying, Ye have dwelt long enough in this mount:
Deu 1:7 Turn you, and take your journey, and go to the mount of the Amorites, and unto all the places nigh thereunto, in the plain, in the hills, and in the vale, and in the south, and by the sea side, to the land of the Canaanites, and unto Lebanon, unto the great river, the river Euphrates.
Deu 1:8 Behold, I have set the land before you: go in and possess the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give unto them and to their seed after them.

Every person's life is a book, complete with chapters, story line, a climax and "the end."

Paul said to the Corinthians, "Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:"

And so also are we "epistles," written by God and read by many.

Often, I wonder where I am in my own story. Am I in the middle of the book, toward the end, are there exciting chapters yet to be written?

I do know that some chapters tend to drag on and I get restless in the status quo, wishing to move on toward the Promised Land.

There are those chapters in which I get bogged down in debt, discouragement, doubt, danger, disease or despair. I long for my Author to declare, "Ye have dwelt long enough in this place, turn you and take your journey, go in and possess the land which I sware unto you."

No doubt, God has a purpose for us as we dwell long in chapters ranging from boredom to bedlam. In His good time, when His good purpose has been accomplished, He will move us on.

So, in the meantime, be an interesting read, prepare well for the close of your current chapter and the opening of the next.

No comments: