Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What is He to Me and What am I to Him?


Psa 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.
Psa 144:3 LORD, what is man, that thou takest knowledge of him! or the son of man, that thou makest account of him!
Psa 144:4 Man is like to vanity: his days are as a shadow that passeth away.
Psa 144:5 Bow thy heavens, O LORD, and come down: touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.

Having battled against many enemies and gaining the victories through his Lord, David rejoices in God's goodness to him. He begins to enumerate what God means to him. He says that God is:
*My goodness
*My fortress
*My high tower
*My deliverer
*My shield

And then he asks what we are to God.
The answers:
*People which God thinks about "takest knowledge of"
*People whom He regards "makes account of"
*People to whom God came down (vs 5)
*People He cared enough about to deliver (7)

You mean so much to God today and everyday. What is He to you? A passing thought? An influence? A spare tire to be used only in times of emergency? Or is He your all in all, your goodness (righteousness), fortress (strong place), high tower (retreat), deliverer, shield and your object of trust?

No comments: