Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Praise the Lord! Hallelujah! Amen!


Psa 145:10-12 All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee. They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power; To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom.

I remember, as a very green servant of the Lord (and I don't mean environmentally), how turned off I was by people who used clichés like "Praise the Lord!" every other breath. To me, they were just asserting their charisma and Pentecostalism. And while I assume that was true with many of them, I have come to appreciate the honest, sincere Christian who seeks to glorify and praise God often.

In fact, I have become one of them! Oh no!!!

I've even started speaking in tongues...Spanish mainly. :<)
Once in a while you'll catch me raising my hands, but I assure you, it is to glorify God, not the gold of my rings. Some of you who have seen the showiness know what I mean.

I am saying that God deserves to be glorified, in the church, in the home and in the world. It is the job and the pleasure of the saints to speak of the glory of God's kingdom and to talk of His power. We need to testify about His mighty acts.

And so, I praise His glorious name this morning in this venue, the blogosphere. He is great, He is good, He is glorious. Amen! Hallelujah! And wave a hankie!!!

No comments: