Saturday, June 27, 2009

An "Oops" and a Head's Up


Well, yesterday's blog about the ark of God was sure a big 'oops!' When am I ever going to learn not to believe any news coming out of Rome? Apparently the Patriarch of the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia was "misinterpreted," whatever! So now it's back to living by faith and not by sight. :<)

Surprise of surprises! My dear wife, Lynn has actually posted a blog or two. So simply click back a page or so and click on "Lynn's Blog" for some good devotional thoughts.

For today I want to impart to you a wonderful quote from the King James Bible preface. I think you’ll enjoy this paragraph: “But among all our joys, there was no one that more filled our hearts, than the blessed continuance of the preaching of God’s sacred Word among us; which is that inestimable treasure, which excelleth all the riches of the earth; because the fruit thereof extendeth itself, not only to the time spent in this transitory world, but directeth and disposeth men unto that eternal happiness which is above in heaven.”

We are going on a much needed and anticipated family vacation following Sunday services. Branson is our destination. Included in this trip is a professionally guided fishing trip on Table Rock Lake, compliments of my family as a Father's Day gift. We are really excited about going to "Noah, the Musical." I hope I can gather some insight and inspiration from this production. (I guess it will be like moving on from one ark to the other :<)

We will be out of pocket for several days, but I hope to find wi-fi somewhere to try to keep on posting.

Blessings to all who follow this post.

No comments: