Thursday, June 11, 2009

Doing things I hate


Ecc 9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

1Co 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Digging dandelions, scraping the old paint off of a house, counseling couples who are down each other's throats, having the flu, preaching the funeral of a suicide victim, performinng a wedding for a bridezilla. Which one do you think I hate most?

There is no winner here. I detest each of these equally. Yet, on this fine day a few of us from the church are going to get together at the house of one of our families and prep it for painting. What can I be positive about in one of my "Big Six" least likely things for me to do?

I get to fellowship with some good people.
I get to help out someone who really needs some help.
I need the exercise.
Maybe it will help me with an attitude adjustment.
Someone is serving up some grub!!!
I need to work on patience.
It will help build my character.
I get to do God's will, rather than mine. Ahhh, those silver linings!!!

(Please, somebody remind me of these things at the close of the day!)

So, I am going out this morning to be the best house scraper this side of the Pecos, or the Platte, which ever comes first. It will be for the glory of God and I will do it with all my might. Pass the lemonade please.

No comments: