Monday, March 9, 2009

The Secret Place



Ps 91:1,2 et al. He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust...

Ah, God's secret place... do you know of it? Have you experienced it.

"Where is the place?" you may ask. It is His ark of safe retreat for the child of God overwhelmed by the onslaught of the world. It is a safe dwelling in the palm of His hand. It is being hidden in the cleft of the Rock. It is finding refuge under the shelter of His wings. It is being surrounded by His glory, guarded by His angels, led by His Spirit.

It is the sweet hour of prayer, it is being caught up in the everlasting arms and held close to His breast. It is the whisper in your ear, "You are my child, I love you unconditionally, no weapon formed against thee shall prosper. I have good thoughts for you, a master plan to bring you to an expected end."

If you are overwhelmed today, run to Jesus. Find safety, shelter and retreat in the innermost sanctum of His love, mercy and grace. Let the world fade away as you concentrate only on Him. Read His Word and let Him speak peace to your storm.

No comments: