Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Good Day Today



Psalm 101

David is making plans in this wonderful psalm to comport himself with dignity and integrity. He thinks of many areas of his life where he can implement his plans.

1. He is going to sing the right song.
I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O LORD, will I sing. vs 1

2. He plans to act like a child of God ought to act.
I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto
me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart
. vs 2

3. He will avoid wickedness and shun temptation.
I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. vs 3

4. He thinks only good thoughts and will be in fellowship with the right people.
A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person. vs 4

5. He will put up for the oppressed and will not abide the ungodly.
Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an
high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.
vs 5
He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies
shall not tarry in my sight
. vs 7
I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; that I may cut off all wicked
doers from the city of the LORD.
vs 8

6. He will promote those who are good, responsible and godly people.
Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with
me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me.
vs 6

I wonder what safeguards I could place in my life so that I might have a good and godly day.

No comments: