Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Lord Loves Mexican Food!



Rev 19:9  And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

One look at me and you will guess that my wife is a very good cook. I freely
admit, I live to eat and I love to eat! Call me what you want, just don't call me late
to supper!

As wonderful as food can be to the taste, we need healthy food as fuel for our
bodies. But in heaven, there is no need of food for sustenance, it is merely for
enjoyment, an accompaniment to our fellowship.

If food can be so mouthwatering and scrumptious here, what is it going to taste like when the food is prepared by angels and enjoyed by enhanced palates and taste buds?

My Baptist friends jokingly speculate that catfish and hushpuppies will be on the menu, while 7th Day Adventists vie for vegetarian fare. I can only imagine that what we munch on here will not even compare. I know that the Lord prefers Mexican food! Don't believe me? Study your Bible. The manna (angel's food) tasted like honey and coriander seed. Coriander is cilantro. Daniel opted for beans over the king's meat and wine. Jesus commended the Pharisee's tithing of mint, anise and cumin, cumin being the base for taco seasoning. So, there you have it, the Marriage supper will treat us to tacos with beans, cilantro and seasoned beef! (ha!) Additionally, dessert will include mint and licorice flavored items. Of course, I jest. The food will be out of this world.

Question is, will you be there? This supper is only for those who are specially invited. How is one invited to such a gala? 1) Get saved - If you are saved but not part of a local New Testament church, you will still be invited as a guest, but not as part of His Bride.  2) Be baptized by immersion in a New Testament church (the church of the firstborn, Heb. 12:23). This is the first command of Jesus to be obeyed by believers. To ignore this directive is to live in disobedience to the Lord. The Bride is made up of born-again, scripturally baptized believers. 

No comments: