Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Victory Song


Rev 15:2  And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. 3  And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. 
 

Sometimes, I don't feel much like singing. There are those times in the midst of battle, when I am actively repelling the darts of the wicked where a song is just going to have to wait.

I am scheduled to sing a Christmas concert in two days, but I have a slight problem, no voice! If it doesn't start coming back today, the concert will have to be postponed. Sad, because a few dozen little old ladies really look forward to me singing. (bless their hearts). Oh how I want to warble "O Holy Night," but I am battling this gunk in my throat.

The song writer said it well, today the noise of battle, the next the victor's song.

I am telling you, when you finally feel relief from the battle, when deliverance has come, even the most tone deaf feel like breaking into song.

These tribulation saints, hounded and persecuted and many of whom were beheaded by the beast for their testimonies, will be singing at the tops of their lungs. The song they sing, one written a long time ago about a victory over another demonic despot, Pharaoh. Read all about it in Exodus 15:1-19. I especially like verse 2 which states, the LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Are you in a struggle? Is the devil hounding your every step? Do you feel wounded or weary from the battle? Stay strong, be a good soldier, fight on. Prepare for victory and loosen up those vocal chords. Today, the noise of battle, tomorrow, the victor's song.

No comments: