Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Personal Blessing


2Sa 7:9 And I was with thee whithersoever thou wentest, and have cut off all thine enemies out of thy sight, and have made thee a great name, like unto the name of the great men that are in the earth.

God brings certain people into our lives to enrich and encourage us in our walk with the Lord. These people may be salt of the earth, regular people that we come across at church, work or at a social function. They may be great giants of the faith whose godliness emanates from them like a spiritual force field.

I have had the distinct privilege of being blessed by several of these people in just the past 24 hours. It was a blessing to have lunch with some special servants of the Lord yesterday; pastors, Christian leaders and Christian media representatives. But I was especially blessed to meet our fine state senator Mark Christiansen. What a fine, godly man God has inserted into our state government. He is a man of character, integrity and spiritual depth.

I was interested to hear him relate the story of the little boy in his church who, I suppose you have heard and seen much of lately, Colton Burpo, who visited heaven while his 4 year old body lay on the operating table some time back. At the very same time as he was relating this story to me, my wife was on her plane to Phoenix reading the account in the best-selling book, Heaven is Real. That, my friend, we call a God thing!

This morning I was blessed to be in a small prayer group with Reese Kauffman, President of Child Evangelism Fellowship. To have him call my name in prayer to the Father stirred and humbled me. His assistant, Buzz Baker, another godly man of great spiritual vigor, also lifted me before the throne.

Last evening and again this morning, I enjoyed close fellowship with a true hero of the faith, internationally known by all evangelical pastors, Brother Warren Weirsbe. This is one of the wittiest, kindest and most learned men I have ever met. And to think, he took time to fellowship with one who is among the least in the kingdom of God.

My head is still spinning in regards to these great people I have been blessed to fellowship with over the past day. Yet, tonight I meet with my dear church people. I will meet once again with these “famous” saints in glory, but I get to be with my church family who will company with me on both sides of the pearly gates, great people in their own rights. I am blessed.

No comments: