Monday, August 5, 2013

Compartmentalizing Christ



John 13:6  Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet? 7  Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter. 8  Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me. 9  Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.

Peter’s eventual desire was that Jesus would wash and have all of him, hands, head and feet. Oh that believer’s today might be willing for Jesus to be Lord of all, not just certain parts of their being. We tend to compartmentalize Him in our lives, allowing Him access only to select portions of our lives.

You have heard of putting God in a box, you know they tried that with Jesus didn’t they? But the tomb couldn’t hold Him!

A lot of Christian folks try to do this with the Lord.

He is in their Sunday morning box and really should not spill out of that realm, unless they need Him for an emergency.

I have seen a lot of our folks doing this as they begin to try to organize their lives.
They have their jobs, their home life, their recreation, their education and their “religion” and like a kid with food on her plate, they insist these things must not touch.

Have you ever sang, the song, You are My All in All? You are my strength when I am weak, you are the treasure that I seek, you are my all in all.

How can He be our all in all when He is not welcome in our lives during Sunday school or Sunday evening, or Wednesday night, or during our work hours, or at the Gym?

Saints, we must lift Jesus up in our lives until He is able to spill out over every compartment of our lives. Quit reserving to yourself places where Jesus is not welcome, visa vie, your precious Sunday nights, your vacation, your TV time. Remember, if He isn’t Lord of all, He is not Lord at all.

Be blessed by listening to the following link, All of Me.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoqlBqOLGwc

No comments: