Saturday, July 27, 2013

Stay off the Fringes



Numbers 11:1  And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp.

Fringe people of the church. They show up about once a month or so, never contribute much to the cause of Christ and surely are not integral to the success of the work.

We are told that judgment must begin at the house of God, and when it does, when the purging fire falls, it is upon the fringe where most of the damage is done.

In the wake of this burned over district are lives broken in pieces because there was not enough faith there to survive the fires. Commitment was lacking, so they did not weather the purging.

Jesus, keep me off the fringe. I agree with your servants who have intoned in sacred song:

Jesus, keep me near the cross, there a precious fountain...



Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer precious Lord

to thy precious bleeding side...



Close to thee, close to thee, close to thee, close to thee,

all along my pilgrim journey, Saviour let me walk with thee.



Under His wings, oh, what precious enjoyment!
There will I hide till life’s trials are o’er;
Sheltered, protected, no evil can harm me,
Resting in Jesus, I’m safe evermore.

No comments: