Deut 2:10 The Emims dwelt therein in times past, a people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims; Deu 2:11 Which also were accounted giants, as the Anakims; but the Moabites call them Emims.
Deut 3:13 And the rest of Gilead, and all Bashan, being the kingdom of Og, gave I unto the half tribe of Manasseh; all the region of Argob, with all Bashan, which was called the land of giants.
Who were the tallest people in the Bible?
*The Pre-Flood giants? (Gen 6)
*Emim, the terrible ones?
*Anakim? (Deu 2:10, 11)
*Zamzummim, crafty, wicked men? (2:20, 21)
*Zuzim? (Gen 14:5)
*Caphtorim? (Gen 10:14, Deut 2:23)
*The Sons of Anak? (Deut 2:11)
*Og, King of Bashan? Deut 3:11 (He had a 13.5 foot bed!)
What we must realize about giants:
1. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Ask the friends of Goliath.
2. Goliath finally got it through his head not to mess with God. Some people lose their heads fighting against God.
3. Big hearts are better than big bodies. David is a great example.
4. True giants fight for a godly cause. And, is there not a cause?
5. David (OT), Paul (NT) were little guys, but giants in every way.
Though we often fear giants in our lives, realize that, with God and a bit of faith, you can be the real giant!!!