Thursday, November 24, 2011

Praise the Lord on this Thanksgiving Day


Ps 9:1 I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works. 2 I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.

Many are the marvelous things He has done for me. As I rose to the new day, I began to note the many things for which I am thankful. Here are a few:

*Coffee, and the ability to make it in an automatic coffee maker.
*Paper and Plastics.
*Porcelain.
*Hot and cold running water.
*Toothbrush and Paste.
*Soap.
*The combustion engine.
*The opportunity to serve my community as a chaplain.
*My family. The very best wife in the world, no hyperbole!
*My kids.
*Refrigeration.
*A wonderful church family.
*Technology, for example, cell phone, texting, blogging, etc.
*Those who have texted me today wishing me a blessed Thanksgiving.
*A positive bank account.
*The opportunity to make a killer coconut cream pie to take to our
neighborhood fire-fighters for their Thanksgiving meal away from their
homes.
*The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, a tradition that has followed me all
through life.
*Turkey, football, naps, family, laughs, prayers and the giving of Thanks! –
the things I look forward to today.

I will praise the Lord with my whole heart on this, the purest of all
American holidays.

No comments: