Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Journey to the Center of the Earth - the Smoke-filled Den of Iniquity


Rev 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. 2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. 3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

The star which fell to earth was a angel. As in other places, the stars of God can refer to angels. Jesus beheld Satan fall as a star from heaven (Luke 10:18). At the creation, the morning stars sang together (Job 38:6,7).

This angel is given the key to this bottomless pit. That pit is what I will dwell on here:
1. It is a pit - (never a good place to be)
2. It is bottomless
3. It is full of heavy, dark smoke
4. It is heated, as if by a great furnace (probably the earth's core)
5. It is dark
6. It is populated with hideous, hurtful creatures
7. It is home to fierce and powerful demons Rev 9:11
8. It is the current home of the beast (unless he has already ascended from it) Rev 11:7, 17:8
9. It will house the devil for the duration of the millennium, Rev 20:3
10. Chains are employed there to keep its inhabitants secured Rev 20:1
11. It exists within the bowels of the earth, Ezekiel 26, 28, 31, 32.
12. It is a compartment of hell, Isa 14:15

All a person has to do to forever avoid this horrible place (not intended for humans) is to put their trust in the finished work of Christ on Calvary. Simply believe on the Lord and pray:

Lord God, I confess to you I am a sinner, deserving of this horrible pit, but I trust you today as my Savior. Wash my soul in the blood of Jesus, Who died for me and rose again in victory over sin, death and hell. I open my heart's door and invite you into my life. Save me for Jesus' sake; Thank you for saving me, Heavenly Father. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You ought to see the bottomless pit release of the beast, just see the May 15th Prophecy