Monday, November 14, 2011

Your Prayers, a Sweet Savor to the Lord


Rev 8:4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.

Several times in the Old testament, the incense offered by the high priest is referred to as a sweet savor to the Lord. That is, a sensory enjoyment.

Recall that beautiful smell when you pass a bakery, or the bouquet of a floral shop. I like to stop and savor the luscious smells that make my brain happy...steaks on the grill, the forest in the fall, a really good perfume on a beautiful lady, etc.

The Bible likens the prayers of the saints to a savory incense wafting up to God's throne. Picture Him waving the prayers toward His nostrils with the palm of His hand, His eyes closed as He savors those sweet utterances of praise and petition from His kids.

It makes me want to approach His holy throne even now. I pray He savors that holy time as much as I do!

No comments: