Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Euphrates River: No Swimming!


Rev 9:14 Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates. 15 And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

Last summer, my son and I were invited to kayak up the Osage River in the Ozarks to a place where a rope was tied to a large tree so folks could swing out over the water into the middle of the river. The first boy on the scene had to shoe a water moccasin away from the area. Needless to say, I opted to stay in the kayak!

It was just reported that the US President, traveling abroad to Australia, has taken out crocodile insurance for $51,000. I guess he is thinking of going walk about, mate! No worries, right?

Every time I read today's verses, I think about river monsters. I am not a swimmer anyway, but to wade into waters infested with alligators, piranhas, water moccasins, sharks, crocodiles, etc. is not my idea of fun.

I cannot see myself entering the Euphrates River knowing that there are four demons bound in that river, waiting to be loosed so they can slay about 2 billion people.

At the same time, the saints will be dipping their toes into the pure waters of the River of Life proceeding from God's throne.

No comments: