Saturday, November 5, 2011

Just Any Day Now


Rev 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. 2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

I am looking for that open door up yonder when the gates of heaven are thrown open for the saint of all the ages. What a glorious parade that is going to be as those who have longed for this day get to march through those pearly gates and down the golden avenue alongside the river of life lined with fruit trees, heavy with the fruit of the month. And then we wind our way to the very throne of Him Who loved us and gave Himself for us.

Not only am I looking for that open door, but I am listening for two sounds, the sound of Gabriel's golden trumpet and the voice of my Savior calling out my name and beckoning me home to glory.

Now, I have seen some sights and heard some sounds in my day, but none of them will look as beautiful and sound as sweet as those my senses will take in on that day.

And that day could be today!

No comments: