Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Heart of a Pastor


2 Cor 2:1 But I determined this with myself, that I would not come again to you in heaviness. 2 For if I make you sorry, who is he then that maketh me glad, but the same which is made sorry by me? 3 And I wrote this same unto you, lest, when I came, I should have sorrow from them of whom I ought to rejoice; having confidence in you all, that my joy is the joy of you all. 4 For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote unto you with many tears; not that ye should be grieved, but that ye might know the love which I have more abundantly unto you. 5 But if any have caused grief, he hath not grieved me, but in part: that I may not overcharge you all. 6 Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many. 7 So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.

The pastor is, or should be, committed to:
*Salvation of souls
*Security of the sheep (protection of the purity in the body) 3
*Expression of the truth (in love) 4
*Return of the prodigal 7, 8
*Unity of the church 10
*Obedience to the Lord 9
*Defeat of the enemy 11

May God help His true pastors to be faithful and effective in each of these areas of ministry.

No comments: