Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Gospel Dynamite


1 Cor 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Here, Paul gives us the simplicity of the gospel in just three powerful parts. You could call it the Gospel in a nutshell:
1. Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures.
2. He was buried.
3. He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.

When put in those simple terms, we realize that any one of us is able to believe the gospel, accept the gospel, live the gospel, share the gospel, even preach the gospel.

In Romans, the Apostle tells us that he is not ashamed of the gospel for it is the power of God unto salvation. The Greek uses the word Dunamis (Miraculous power) for power. So literally, the gospel is the dynamite of God unto salvation.

Now, most guys love to use explosives. TNT, dynamite gets their juices flowing! Fireworks, home-fashioned bombs, guns, fire, etc. These really excite men, almost turning them back into kids. We like the explosiveness of a powerful car as its engine roars. We love to see the demolition derby as the cars crash into each other. The more violent the hit, the better. We thrill to see a linebacker smash a runner. We call it, "blowing up" the ball carrier. Such is the thrill of power to men.

But what about the power of a dead man bursting forth in victory over the grave! What about Him tossing the massive stone away from the mouth of the cave, the bright flash of light, the empty tomb, the resurrected body?

Oh, the gospel is so simple, yet so powerful. Powerful enough to change lives when nothing else is able. Drunks and derelicts, druggies and dopers come to new life in Christ, changed by the power of the gospel. That which was broken is mended, that which was hopeless is given heaven's breath of new life and a positive future. Such
is the power of the gospel.

Is the gospel real in your life? Look at Gal 2:20, I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

There it is, my friend, the power of the gospel available to you so you can live a victorious life. "I am crucified, nevertheless I live." Amen!

No comments: