Monday, April 25, 2011

The Tomb is Empty


Mat 28:5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. 6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

I have been there, done that and got the t-shirt! I mean, twice I have been to the tomb of Jesus, and sure enough, it is empty!

Some of the implications of the empty tomb:
Our Minds are not! We are not crazy. The women saw Him alive, the disciples all saw Him. Thomas felt the nail holes in His hands and feet and declared, "My Lord and my God!" The two disciples walked and talked and ate with Him, over 500 brethren saw Him at the same time. And most of all, I know He lives! You ask me how I know that? He lives withing my heart!

Our Hearts are not! Oh, we believers are filled to overflowing with love and the resurrection power of Jesus. We cannot contain ourselves when we proclaim that we serve a risen Savior! He walks with us and He talks with us and He tells us that we are His own. And the joy we share as we tarry there, none other has ever known.

Our Lives are not! We Christians are busy people. The resurrected Christ told us to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. That gospel contains the message that Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rose again on the third day. We can't afford to dilly dally, He's coming again and we've got to get the Word out.

No comments: