Friday, April 15, 2011

Eternity's two sections:


1. Screaming: Mat 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

2. Shining: Mat 13:43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

I am a big baby when it comes to pain. I can stand being sick for, oh, about 5 minutes, then it's "get me some meds!" Burns are about the worst, as a boy of about 11, I got baked in the Colorado and Arizona sun on vacation, I mean, totally, completely burned on my shoulders. I was writhing in pain. We tried using creams and lotions, both to no avail. Someone told us to try vinegar. I then smelled horrible, but had no relief. Finally, someone suggested we use 7-up! Guess what, it worked! Oh, what wonderful relief. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around a whole body burn for all of eternity with no relief available whatsoever.

So, shunning the screaming section, I have made my reservations for the shining section in eternity. I did this by trusting Christ, Who took my pain and suffering for me on the cross. He, who know no sin, became sin for me, that I might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Cor 5:21

So, perhaps you grew up in a Christian home. Your nation might be a Christian nation. You try to keep the 10 Commandments, you do your best to treat people right. You attend church, give to charity. Do you realize, that until you trust Christ and His work for you on Calvary, your future will be in the screaming section of eternity?

Trust Him today! Simply pray, saying, "God, I know I am a wicked sinner. I have repeatedly broken your holy law. I cannot save myself. I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross in my place, that He was buried and then rose again on the third day. I now trust Christ as my Savior. Jesus, I open my heart to you, come in and wash me clean from all my sin. I give my life and my eternity to you. Thank you for your salvation. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen!"

If you just prayed that prayer, welcome to the family of God, and, welcome to the shining section of eternity!

No comments: