Friday, February 26, 2010

David's Blog


Psa 57:1 To the chief Musician, Altaschith, Michtam of David, when he fled from Saul in the cave. Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.
Psa 57:2 I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me.

The more I read the Psalms, the more I relate the ones David penned to blogging. It really sets my mind to imagination. I can picture him in this episode, narrowly escaping Saul, having spent the night curled up in the corner of the same cave, hiding from the one who wanted him dead.

I can picture him making this escape, tip-toeing past his pursuer, stopping to quietly cut off a bit of Saul's garment, proof of his near miss, thinking, "Boy, is this going to make a good Psalm, if I live through it!"

Later in the day, a safe distance away, he sits to pen these words: "Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast."

I think it is good to record our thoughts as God's will unfolds before us, as the events of our lives give way to praise for His providence.

For me, another work week has come to a close and I am in awe of the sovereignty of God in my life. I write this morning, refusing to be nonplussed by the plusses of the week or negated by the negatives.

I note, with David in verse 2, “God performeth all things for me.” As my preacher friend from Pittsburg says, "Only God can do these things."

No comments: