Monday, February 1, 2010
Many view preaching as a foolish, fruitless enterprise. True, much of what passes for preaching isn't worth a whole lot, however, done right, preaching is life changing. Take the praching of Jesus for instance...
Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
Luk 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
The anointing of the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary, this is not negotiable!
1. to preach the gospel to the poor
2. to heal the brokenhearted
3. to preach deliverence to the captives
4. the recovering of sight to the blind
5. to set at liberty them that are bruised
6. to preach the acceptable year of the Lord. an allusion to the jubilee year (Lev_25:10), a year of universal release for person and property.