Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Rich in Wisdom


Job 29:1 Moreover Job continued his parable, and said,
Job 29:2 Oh that I were as in months past, as in the days when God preserved me;
Job 29:3 When his candle shined upon my head, and when by his light I walked through darkness;
Job 29:4 As I was in the days of my youth, when the secret of God was upon my tabernacle;
Job 29:5 When the Almighty was yet with me, when my children were about me;
Job 29:6 When I washed my steps with butter, and the rock poured me out rivers of oil;

Though Job's riches vanished by the evil devices of the devil, greater riches proceeded from his lips for all generations to follow.

Most who suffer greatly tend to talk out of their heads, resorting to foolish banter and ridiculous accusations against God.

Yet Job's trust in God and exaltation of His ways and wisdom only increase with his prolonged illness.

For some, suffering is a great distraction, maybe even a vacation from common sense. For others, it enables an intense focus on the Lord. Trouble brings clarity to them.

May we react as the latter, rather than the former.

No comments: