Monday, February 23, 2009

Better is One Day in God's House

Ps 84:10 For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.

Remember "greater than" and "less than" symbolized by the signs > and Fishing, when they are biting.

When church "works", that is, when the Spirit of the Almighty accompanies glorious worship, powerful preaching, genuine fellowship and truthful teaching, there is nothing that compares.

The Psalmist says that he wouldn't trade a single day like that in God's house for a thousand days elsewhere.

We had a day like that this past Lord's day. Souls were saved, lives were reclaimed, grand decisions were made, baptisms were planned. The Lord's house was filled with "all of the above" and much more.

Most of all, He was there!

It is days like this that a preacher like myself lives for. As my wife said, "this reminds me why we do this." Indeed.

Honestly, I wouldn't trade last Lord's day for a thousand days catching bass, hunting deer, riding 4 wheelers or snow machines, attending my team's games or any of the other things I love to do.

Lord, you've strung together a few of these Sundays in a row. Could you give a few more?

No comments: