Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thank you, Lord, for your wonderful mercy!


Psa 67:1 God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause his face to shine upon us; Selah.
Psa 67:2 That thy way may be known upon earth, thy saving health among all nations.
Psa 67:3 Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee.
Psa 67:4 O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for thou shalt judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon earth. Selah.
Psa 67:5 Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee.
Psa 67:6 Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our own God, shall bless us.
Psa 67:7 God shall bless us; and all the ends of the earth shall fear him.


The 67th Psalm is a beautiful bit of praise. The invocation asks for God's mercy, blessings and favor.

I need this triumvirate today and forever more. It is said that Grace is getting what we don't deserve and mercy is not receiving what we do deserve.

I confess, I am deserving of a whole lot I'd rather do without. Therefore, God's mercy is a welcome gift to this "deserving" sinner.

I think of my kids. Honestly, sometimes I want to whip the fire out of those children, but I seldom do. Not that they don't merit a real woodshed experience, they can really offend dad's holy law at times. I am sure they are thankful that a calmer head prevails.

Dad is capable of mercy, because he knows the mercy shown by the Heavenly Father and can really appreciate that mercy can sometimes teach a greater lesson than a good whoopin'.

Thank you, Lord, for your wonderful mercy!

No comments: