Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Wheelbarrow Overfloweth!


Ps 68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.

I can remember well the old “family” wheelbarrow we used around the place for years. The wooden handles were well-worn and polished from great use, the wheel was steel, I had no idea there actually existed inflated tire models. I still think those are for sissies! :<) I was always a fan of loading that thing up as much as possible. My dad would encourage me to make more trips so as not to lose items over the side. Fewer steps was my greatest concern.

“Loadeth” - to load, that is, impose a burden. The blessings of the Lord are heaped upon His dear children to the point of overloading them. As Jesus promised, Give and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over shall men give into your bosom.

Whether the Lord chooses to heap upon us His blessings from within, without or even from above, whether they are spiritual, physical or economic, they are multitude and exceed that which we deserve.

I thank my God this day for His multitudinous blessings upon me.

No comments: