Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Lord, have mercy!


Psa 50:20 Thou sittest and speakest against thy brother; thou slanderest thine own mother's son.

Hypocrisy is rampant among people who claim the name of Christ. Kenny Bishop sings a thought provoking song, "Lord Have mercy." From that song and today's Scripture, I gather the following thoughts.

Lord have mercy.
Everybody needs mercy.
We all have sinned and all have fallen short of your glory.
I will show mercy, so I can have mercy.
As I judge others, so will I be judged.
Help me do unto others as you have done unto me.
Lord, pull the beam from my eyes and let me not behold the mote in my brother's eye.
May I sow seeds that will end up helping my needs.
Forgive my trespasses as I forgive others their trespasses.
I will cast my bread upon the waters, so that, after many days, it will come back to me.
Help me not to judge, for I am guilty of the very same things!

Friend, may each of us be slow to judge, quick to forgive and ready to show mercy and forgiveness. If God can do so, shouldn't we?

No comments: