Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Complete Work of the Cross!


Ps 51:2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity.

Often we have a warped view of sin and forgiveness. In our imagination of God, we see Him in human terms, unable to totally forgive and forget. That is how we approach people who have wronged us. "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." "I'll forgive you, but I won't forget!" "I'll love that person, but I sure don't have to like them."

But the blood of Jesus cleanseth us from all sin. When we have been granted His pardon, He takes our sins away as far as the east is from the west, He casts them in to the depths of the sea and will never remember them against us again. That, my friend is complete and total forgiveness.

David, as bad as he felt about his iniquities, knew that God was able to wash him throughly and make him every whit whole.

Praise God for the work on Calvary that washes white as snow!

No comments: