Friday, January 9, 2009

I Can't Get It Out Of My Mind!



Ps 51:3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

It is a sobering fact that the child of God cannot live apart from God's commands and enjoy himself beyond the immediate gratification. Sin bites ferociously long after the act and until the matter has been resolved between the soul and its Maker. It is a blessing that this is the case. It proves that we belong to Him for, as I John 3:9 teaches, "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." A little explanation is needed here. "commit sin" means to abide in missing the mark. In other words, a born again person cannot continue in the same sin without conviction, misery and a desire to right his wrongs.

Hebrew tells us that if we are without chastisement, or correction from God, whereof all children of God are partakers, then we are illegitimate and not true sons of God.

Therefore, when a Christian sins, he can expect that sin to never fully leave his conscience until he has done business with God as David did.

Are there any sins that you have not confessed before your Lord? Right now is the best time to admit to God your trespass and let Him wash you thoroughly from your sin. I Jn 1:9 instructs, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

No comments: