Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Threats of the Enemy




Isa 36:1  Now it came to pass in the fourteenth year of king Hezekiah, that Sennacherib king of Assyria came up against all the defenced cities of Judah, and took them. 2  And the king of Assyria sent Rabshakeh from Lachish to Jerusalem unto king Hezekiah with a great army. And he stood by the conduit of the upper pool in the highway of the fuller's field. 3  Then came forth unto him Eliakim, Hilkiah's son, which was over the house, and Shebna the scribe, and Joah, Asaph's son, the recorder. 4  And Rabshakeh said unto them, Say ye now to Hezekiah, Thus saith the great king, the king of Assyria, What confidence is this wherein thou trustest?

Oh, how he rails against us!

1. “You are weak, I am a man of war - give up!” (5)
2. “Your God cannot deliver you, as other's gods could not save them - give up!” (20)
3. “Give in to me and I will take you to a wonderful place - give up!” (17)
4. “Pay me (the devil) my dues and I will give you plenty - give up!” (8)

Brothers, never give up, never give in, never listen to the enemy's proposals. He is a deceiver, he is defeated.

No comments: